NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The best-performing bank stocks during the first quarter represent a wide variety of business models, with one major credit card lender, some troubled institutions on the rebound, and others benefiting from government-assisted acquisitions of failed institutions.
TheStreet has narrowed down the first-quarter winners list by only including bank stocks with average daily trading volume of at least 50,000 shares and with consensus earnings estimates available for 2011 and 2012.
10. United Community Banks
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV