A number of food companies have recently reported that higher ingredient and commodity costs have pressured their results in recent quarters as global food prices continue to rise.
Companies including Hershey (HSY), J.M. Smucker (SJM), Panera Bread (PNRA), McCormick (MKC), ConAgra Foods (CAG), Kellogg (K) and Sara Lee (SLE) have all said their financial results were impacted by higher commodity costs on everything from wheat and sugar to coffee beans and fuel, and implemented price increases to help offset those costs.
-- Written by Miriam Marcus Reimer in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Miriam Reimer.
>>See our new stock quote page. Get more stock ideas and investing advice on our sister site, Stockpickr.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV