2. Rentech (RTK), a provider of clean energy solutions, owns and operates a nitrogen fertilizer plant and manufactures and sells natural gas-based nitrogen fertilizer products within the corn-belt region in the U.S. The company develops energy projects in order to produce certified synthetic fuels and electric power from carbon-containing materials.
For first-quarter 2011, the company reported revenue of $42.1 million as compared to $27.1 million in the year-ago quarter. Net loss narrowed to $5.5 million from $15.5 million during the same period. Meanwhile, it swung to an operating income of $15.0 million for the first quarter of fiscal year 2011, compared to an operating loss of $2.0 million last year.
Looking ahead, the company estimates almost $60 million of EBITDA with an operating income of at least $50.4 million for 2011. Rentech's wholly owned subsidiary, Rentech Energy Midwest Corporation (REMC), has signed fixed-price contracts for the sale of more than 70% of REMC's forecasted deliveries for 2011, and for the natural gas that is required to produce the product. Strong demand and pricing for fertilizer products is expected to continue throughout the year and thus support profit levels.Of the six analysts covering the stock, 33% recommend a buy on it while 50% suggest a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 74%, to $2.2, in the upcoming 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV