7. Syngenta (SYT) is a leading agribusiness dedicated to the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of a range of crop solutions. The company specializes in a range of seeds, namely field crops, vegetable and flower seeds, and pot and bedding plants.
For full-year 2010, the company reported a 6% increase in sales to $11.6 billion. Earnings per share were up 2% from the previous year. For 2010, the company increased its dividend by 32% in dollar terms. Meanwhile, the company believes that its strategic partnership with Marrone Bio Innovations will broaden its customer offerings. Syngenta has signed a distribution agreement with Marrone for exclusive distribution rights in the EAME region for its first marketable bio-fungicide, Regalia.
The company recently announced its decision to integrate its crop protection and seeds business to improve operations, and the merger will be completed by the end of 2012. The company believes that beginning 2015, the commercial integration will result in cost savings of around $150 million and savings from procurement and supply chain efficiency at around $500 million.Of the 6 analysts covering the stock, 50% recommend a buy while the remaining rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 11.5% to $72.7 in the upcoming 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV