7. Syngenta (SYT) is a leading agribusiness dedicated to the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of a range of crop solutions. The company specializes in a range of seeds, namely field crops, vegetable and flower seeds, and pot and bedding plants.
For full-year 2010, the company reported a 6% increase in sales to $11.6 billion. Earnings per share were up 2% from the previous year. For 2010, the company increased its dividend by 32% in dollar terms. Meanwhile, the company believes that its strategic partnership with Marrone Bio Innovations will broaden its customer offerings. Syngenta has signed a distribution agreement with Marrone for exclusive distribution rights in the EAME region for its first marketable bio-fungicide, Regalia.
The company recently announced its decision to integrate its crop protection and seeds business to improve operations, and the merger will be completed by the end of 2012. The company believes that beginning 2015, the commercial integration will result in cost savings of around $150 million and savings from procurement and supply chain efficiency at around $500 million.Of the 6 analysts covering the stock, 50% recommend a buy while the remaining rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 11.5% to $72.7 in the upcoming 12 months.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts