NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Monsanto (MON), Yongye International (YONG) and Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan (POT) are among the eight agricultural chemical stocks that have potential upside in the next 12 months, according to analysts polled by Bloomberg.
The U.S. chemical industry is one of the top exporters in the world and is worth $674 billion. In 2010, the U.S. federal government revealed that it spent $9.8 million on pesticides, fertilizers and agricultural chemicals.
The International Fertilizer Industry Association is projecting global fertilizer consumption growth at 3.8% for 2011-2012. The IFA expects an additional $80 billion will be invested between 2011 and 2015 in new production capacity, with the highest levels of production, sales and consumption seen to date occurring in 2011.
The global fertilizer market is in a significantly strong position in 2011, with demand levels seen growing further and prices of products also rising, improving profitability. Analysts expect these eight agricultural chemical stocks to generate lucrative returns for investors over the next 12 months. These stocks have 6%-128% upside with strong buy, hold ratings.The stocks are stacked based on upside, great to greatest.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV