2. Gaming Partners International is a manufacturer and supplier of casino table equipment. Its products include gaming chips, table layouts, playing cards, gaming furniture and table accessories, dice, radio frequency identification device (RFID) readers and software, and roulette wheels. The stock has gained 13% during the past one year, while it trades at a PE of 12.79, the lowest in the pack.
During the year ended Dec. 2010, total revenue grew 20.9% to $59.9 million from $49.5 million a year earlier, driven by higher segmental revenues. Revenue from sale of casino chips, which contributed 65% to total revenue, increased 20% to $39 million, while revenue from table accessories and other products, and gaming furniture rose 43.7% and 61.8%, respectively. Net income soared to $4.4 million or 53 cents per share, compared to $1 million or 13 cents per share in 2009.
Geographically, revenue from the US increased 32.5% to $30 million, while revenue from Asia, comprising of Macau and Singapore, increased 10% to $22.5 million. Furthermore, cash and cash equivalents surged to $11.4 million from $3.2 million.
At Dec. 31, 2010, the company's backlog of signed orders for 2011 stood at $17.0 million, with $14.1 million generated from Europe and Asia and the remaining from the US. As of Dec. 31, 2009, the backlog for 2010 was $11.8 million, consisting of $8.9 million from Europe and Asia and $2.9 million from the US.The company formed its subsidiary GPI Asia in Dec. 2010, through which it intends to market its products in the Asian casino market. Later in 2011, the company plans to launch production of products, currently manufactured in France and Mexico, in Macau.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV