5. Shuffle Master supplies entertainment-based products for the gaming industry in four distinct categories: Utility products, Proprietary Table Games (PTG), Electronic Table Systems (ETS) and Electronic Gaming Machines (EGM).
For the latest first quarter ended Jan. 2011, the company reported total revenue of $43.8 million, up 8.6% year-on-year, largely attributable to a 24% and 33.7% revenue increase from proprietary table games and electronic gaming machines, respectively. Gross margin increased 500 basis points to 66.6%, while operating margin expanded 240 basis points to 16.1%. As a result, net income surged 30.6% to $4.8 million or 9 cents per share, compared to $3.7 million or 7 cents per share in the year-ago quarter. Analysts had estimated earnings of 8 cents per share.
The company achieved strong growth in all the product categories. Lease installed base of 7,344 shufflers increased 28% year-over-year at an average monthly lease of $454. Chipper units lease stood at 190 compared to 35 in the year-ago quarter. In the PTG segment, the company recorded a lease base of 5,237 units, 15.6% year-over-year increase. The company sold 13 units at an average price of $63,154, compared to the average price of $12,500 for 2 units sold during the first quarter of 2010.ETS lease increased 12.6% to 2,583, while sold seats declined to 173 from 178. However, average selling price rose 6% to $22,688 from $21,410. Total EGM sales stood at 323, up 48.2% from 218, while average selling price increased 19.8% to $18,997. Going forward, analysts expect the company to report earnings of 14 cents per share in the second quarter and 55 cents for the year ending 2011. Of the nine analysts covering the stock, 67% recommend a buy, while the remaining rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. On average, analysts estimate an upside of 17% to $12.96 in value from current levels. The stock was recently upgraded to overweight from hold at EVA Dimensions LLC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV