NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- U.S. Treasury bonds were reversing earlier losses after a key Federal Reserve policy maker reaffirmed the central bank's intention to follow through on stimulus plans, despite more signs that the economy has recovered.
The two-year note firmed 1/32, with the yield falling to 0.821%. The ten-year note was ticking 0/32 higher, with the yield pushed down to 3.468% and the 30-year bond increased 3/32, lowering the yield to 4.505%.
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York President, William C. Dudley, told the press, during a visit to San Juan, Puerto Rico, that the central bank still plans follow through with its $600 billion treasury-buying program.
Dudley said the program, expected to conclude at the end of June, was still necessary because of the shaky economic recovery. The policy maker spoke after a strong jobs report was published Friday.
Natural gas futures tumbled Friday on milder weather. Natural gas for May delivery fell 2% to $4.30 per million British thermal units, breaking a two-day winning streak.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV