Updated from 7:14 a.m. EDT
The offer is valued at about $11.3 billion.
Nasdaq and IntercontinentalExchange, in a statement, said their proposal is a 19% premium over the price proposed by Deutsche Boerse to buy NYSE Euronext based on Deutsche Boerse's closing price on Thursday.The deal also represents a 27% premium over NYSE Euronext's unaffected stock price on Feb. 8, the day before NYSE Euronext said it was in merger talks with Deutsche Boerse. NYSE Euronext reached a deal to be acquired by Germany's Deutsche Borse in mid-February. Shares of NYSE Euronext closed Thursday at $35.17. Under the terms of the proposed acquisition, NYSE Euronext stockholders would receive $14.24 in cash, plus 0.4069 a shares of Nasdaq OMX stock and 0.1436 a share of ICE common stock for each NYSE Euronext share. Nasdaq OMX and ICE said Friday they would finance the cash portion of the acquisition through cash on hand and a combined $3.8 billion financing commitment. They have received strong support from a group of lenders, including Bank of America and Wells Fargo, "which together would be prepared to arrange fully committed financing required to complete the transaction," the companies said. -- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV