Impac Mortgage Holdings, Inc. (NYSE Amex: IMH), a Maryland corporation, or the “Company,” reports net earnings for the year ended 2010 of $10.3 million, or $1.24 per diluted common share, as compared to net earnings of $3.4 million, or $0.44 per diluted common share for the year ended 2009.
Recent Business Developments
During 2010, Impac Mortgage Holdings, Inc., through its wholly owned subsidiary Integrated Real Estate Service Corp., continued to provide mortgage and real estate services, and continued to assist in the management of the long-term mortgage portfolio, including the residual interests in securitizations. In the third quarter of 2010, the Company, through its wholly owned subsidiary Excel Mortgage Servicing, Inc. (Excel), re-entered the mortgage banking market and started funding residential mortgage loans.
As part of the initiative to re-enter the mortgage lending market, the Company has completed the following:
With respect to new warehouse facilities:
- Obtained its first warehouse facility since 2008 to fund residential mortgage loans;
- Increased warehouse funding capacity to $42.0 million as of December 31, 2010;
- Obtained preliminary term sheets from lenders for a potential total warehouse funding capacity of $160 million as of March 25, 2011.
- Acquired controlling interest in a mortgage banking firm, AmeriHome Mortgage Corporation (AmeriHome), giving the Company ability to (i) originate, sell to and service for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac loans, (ii) originate Federal Housing Authority (FHA) government loans and (iii) issue and service Ginnie Mae securities;
- Through Excel, obtained approval to directly originate FHA loans as a HUD mortgagee and approval to originate, sell and service Fannie Mae loans; and
- Funded $20.7 million in residential mortgage loans in 2010.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV