EXFO reported earnings of $1.7 million, or 3 cents a share, for the fiscal second quarter ended Feb. 28 on sales of $72 million, noting that it's grown sales on a sequential basis for six straight quarters, a streak that's threatened by its outloook.
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts (KKD) posted a net loss of $1.5 million, or 2 cents a share, for its fiscal fourth quarter ended Jan. 30 late Thursday, and said it plans to raise prices this year to reflect higher commodity costs.
The stock lost nearly 12% after the closing bell to $6.20 on volume of almost 250,000, giving back some of the more than 65% gain it's seen in the past year.
Revenue for the fourth quarter totaled $91.7 million, falling short of the average estimate of analysts polled by Thomson Reuters for revenue of $92.6 million."Not surprisingly, commodity costs are poised to rise significantly compared to fiscal 2011, and we are therefore implementing various price increases to largely offset higher input costs.," James Morgan, the company's president and CEO, in a statement. Krispy Kreme said it plans to open 5 to 10 company stores, 5 to 15 domestic franchise stores, and more than 30 international franchise stores in its current fiscal year. -- Written by Michael Baron in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Michael Baron. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV