CPFL Energy Stock Hits New 52-Week High (CPL)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- CPFL Energy (NYSE:CPL) hit a new 52-week high Thursday as it traded at $87.28 compared with its previous 52-Week high of $86.04. CPFL Energy is changing hands at $86.86 with 179,461 shares traded as of 3:47 p.m. ET. Average volume has been 129,600 shares over the past 30 days. CPFL Energy has a market cap of $13.3 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. Shares are up 11.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. CPFL Energia S.A., through its subsidiaries, engages in the generation, distribution, and sale of electricity in Brazil. It also procures and sells electricity to free consumers, other commercialization companies, and distribution utilities, as well as provides electricity-related services. The company has a P/E ratio of 18, above the average utilities industry P/E ratio of 14.6 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 16.2.
- Practice your CPL trading strategies and win cash in our stock game.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV