5. Rex Energy (REXX) is an independent oil and gas company operating in the Illinois, Appalachian and Denver-Julesburg Basins in the United States.
The company has a joint venture agreement with a subsidiary of Sumitomo Corporation to sell and transfer interests in its Marcellus Shale assets located in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania for $140.4 million. Under the terms of agreement, Sumitomo would pay around $88.4 million in cash. Besides, REXX sold stakes in Butler County area and the Appalachian region for $19 million and $36 million, respectively.
For fourth quarter of 2010, production revenue increased 27% compared to fourth quarter 2009, attributable to a 32% increase in production volume for the same period. Commenting on reserve growth, Dan Churay, CEO, said in a press statement, "We are pleased with our 61% reserve growth at year end 2010 compared to the prior year and the beginning of operations at the Sarsen gas processing plant." Of the total reserves of 201.7 Bcfe, Marcellus Shale accounts for 72%, or 1.46 Bcfe of reserves.Analysts expect the stock to deliver 41% in the next one year with buy ratings of 73%. The stock is trading at 26.8 times its estimated 2012 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV