6. Consol Energy (CNX) is a diversified fuel producer and services provider in the Eastern U.S.
By the end of Dec. 2010, the company's proved gas reserves were 3.7 trillion cubic feet (Tcf), increasing 95% from 1.9 Tcf reported at the end of 2009. Of the 3.7 Tcf proved reserves, 52% are proved developed reserves (PDP) and 48% are classified as proved undeveloped. The proved undeveloped reserves increased 107% in 2010, whereas the PDP increased 86% during the same period.
Regarding Marcellus Shale, J. Brett Harvey, the company's CEO, said, "We saw solid growth in our coal bed methane reserves and a nice jump in our Marcellus Shale PDP bookings from our 2010 program. The reserves from our 2010 Marcellus Shale program averaged 5.5 Bcf per well. When you consider that our laterals averaged 3,400 feet, this means that we booked about 1 Bcf of reserves for every 600 feet of lateral."The stock rose 24% in the last one year and analysts expect a further upside of 13% in the next one year with buy ratings of 68%. The stock is trading at 12 times its estimated 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV