The euro was gaining 0.5% against the greenback at $1.4192 and the U.S. dollar index was down 0.3% to $75.87.
Oil distribution, transport and storage companies were advancing. Enbridge (ENB) was rising 0.6% to $61.65, Plains All American Pipeline (PAA) was up 0.2% to $63.57, Genesis Energy (GEL) was up 1.4% to $28.33 , NuStar Energy (NS) was up 0.2% to $67.79, Holly Energy Partners, L.P. (HEP) was rising 1% to $57.93, TransMontaigne Partners (TLP) was up 1% to $36.38 and Sunoco Logistics Partners (SXL) was up 0.6% to $86.82.
(Published at 2:35 p.m.)
Wheat, corn and soybean futures popped Thursday following a bullish Department of Agriculture crop report.Wheat prices for May delivery jumped 5.1% to $7.64 a bushel and corn for May delivery hit its daily exchange limit of 30 cents. Corn futures rose 4.5% to $6.93 ¼ a bushel. May soybeans added 3% at $14.13 1/4 a bushel.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV