Insider Trading, David Sokol: Hot Trends
Updated from 8:40 a.m. EDT.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- "Insider stock trading" is a hot net search after a U.S. Food and Drug Administration chemist was charged by the Securities and Exchange Commission Tuesday with insider trading on information regarding upcoming FDA drug approval decisions.
The SEC alleges that FDA chemist Cheng Yi Liang illegally generated more than $3.6 million in illicit profits by trading with advanced knowledge on at least 27 public FDA drug approval decisions involving 19 publicly traded companies.
The SEC alleges that in January 2011 he made a profit of about $380,000 in less than 15 minutes when he traded in advance of an FDA announcement approving Clinical Data's (CLDA) application for the drug Viibryd.
"David Sokol" is a hot net search after one of Warren Buffett's leading lieutenants at Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.B) resigned. His resignation came after he purchased shares in Lubrizol (LZ), which he then pushed Buffett to acquire.
Sokol was among the top candidates rumored as a potential replacement for Buffett as CEO of Berkshire Hathaway.
"Starbucks 40th Anniversary" is a trending search topic as the worldwide coffee house chain celebrates its 40th year with a new wordless logo, as well as some new beverage offerings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV