Hagens Berman Reminds CCME Investors With Losses Exceeding $300,000 Of April 5 Lead Plaintiff Deadline In Securities Fraud Lawsuit
Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP, a nationwide, investor-rights law firm, notified CCME investors with losses exceeding $300,000 that they have only six days until the April 5 deadline to file for lead plaintiff in the class-action lawsuit against China MediaExpress Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: CCME) (“China MediaExpress” or the “Company”).
Shareholders who purchased stock from China MediaExpress from May 14, 2010, to March 11, 2011, (the “Class Period”) and experienced significant losses are encouraged to contact Hagens Berman partner Reed R. Kathrein at 510-725-3000 for a personal consultation. Investors can also contact the Hagens Berman legal team through email at CCME@hbsslaw.com.
A lawsuit, filed in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, claims China MediaExpress misrepresented its operations and financial statements. The lawsuit came after CCME announced that its independent auditor, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu (DTT), had resigned because it was “no longer able to rely on the representations of management.” Its Chief Financial Officer Jacky Lam also resigned.
Hagens Berman continues to investigate the auditor’s possible role in the alleged fraud. On March 29, 2011, China MediaExpress filed an 8-K further describing the contents of a March 11 letter from its auditors, in which DTT raised the following concerns prior to its resignation and asserted that China MediaExpress was not willing to precede in good faith:
- A loss of confidence in the Company’s bank statements, and confirmation procedures carried out under circumstances that DTT believed to be suspicious;
- Possibilities of undisclosed bank accounts and bank loans;
- Unverified cash deposits for salary payments;
- Legitimacy concerns of certain advertising agents, customers (including the Company’s top customers) and bus operators;
- Potential double counting of a certain number of buses participating in advertising programs;
- Inconsistent financial information provided to DDT and comparable information on file with the State Administration of Industry and Commerce as to certain subsidiaries;
- Validity concerns of tax invoices issued in connection with certain large transactions;
- Verification issues with certain subsidiary tax payments with the local office of the State Administration of Taxation;
- And potential implications these issues may have for the Company’s consolidated financial statements for 2009 and DTT’s report thereon.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV