ORLANDA, Fla. (TheStreet) -- Apple (AAPL), Samsung, Motorola (MOT) and maybe even HTC spend millions convincing us the smartphone game is theirs alone to lose. But the fact is, plenty of other brands offer great prices and real innovation.
That is, if you know where to look.
With the two major cellphone-industry events -- the International CTIA Wireless 2011 and Mobile World Congress -- out of the way, the smart, smartphone money is able to lens in on the less well-known phones and mobile tools that still stoke legit small-business, market-moving potential:
If one company stood out at the just-wrapping International CTIA Wireless 2011, it was the Miami-based spinoff of Latin American cellphone company BLU Products. BLU operates in 25 mostly Latin American countries. And from what I saw, for good reason. This is a mobile provider that knows the right price and features that calls to my cheapskate small-business heart.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV