BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- Value-focused Morningstar (MORN) currently bestows its top five-star rating on only 20 stocks, four of which are dividend-paying blue-chips. The four multi-national companies, three of which are Dow components, sell for sizable discounts and are poised to profit on rapid emerging-markets expansion. Below, they are ordered by upside.
4. Procter & Gamble (PG) sells consumer products ranging from dog food to shampoo. As the leading company in its field, with outstanding brand recognition and internal research capabilities, P&G has a "wide economic moat" or sustainable competitive advantages, along with higher margins, lead market share across numerous product categories and so-called economies of scale through its manufacturing and distribution network. Morningstar is encouraged by internal cost-saving initiatives, which should help offset recent price cuts and potential for costlier inputs. It expects P&G to grow 2011 sales 4%, below current guidance.
Morningstar valued P&G's stock at $77, suggesting 25% upside to intrinsic fair value. That target is consistent with 19-times 2011 projected earnings and an enterprise value to EBITDA ratio of 19. Developing markets offer tremendous growth prospects. It's absolutely critical that P&G develop brand awareness among burgeoning middle classes overseas. The downside: Emerging-markets sales are currently reliant on lower-margin items. Morningstar forecasts a 21% operating margin over the next five years and long-term sales growth at 4.5%. P&G yields 3.1%. The payout has grown 11% a year, over a five year span.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV