NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Netlist (NLST) was the prominent gainer in the small-cap space, rising 13% to $2.74, a day after it announced that it had received three patents related to "hypercloud memory" technology.
Shares of RXi Pharmaceutical (RXII) were gaining 16.6% on unusual volumes.
Solar stocks were shining on reports that China may double its target for photovoltaic power capacity over the next five years in the wake of Japan's nuclear crisis. Shares of Trina Solar (TSL), SunTech Power (STP), LDK Solar (LDK), JA Solar (JASO) and Renesola (SOL) were gaining smartly, up between 2% and 4%.Emcore (EMKR), a New Mexico-based manufacturer of fiber optics and solar photovoltaic products, acquired certain assets of commercial rooftop concentrated photovoltaic systems company Soliant Energy for an undisclosed sum. The Soliant assets acquired by Emcore include the equipment, inventory, software, licenses, intellectual property, and tooling for the rooftop solar energy product line. Emcore plans to integrate the former Soliant research and development and pilot production line into its existing facilities located in Alhambra, CA. The commercial manufacturing operation is expected to transfer to Emcore's low-cost manufacturing joint venture, Suncore, based in Huainan, China. Shares were up 9.6% to $2.66. -- Written by Shanthi Bharatwaj in New York
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Shanthi Bharatwaj. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/shavenk. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV