4. Keegan Resources (KGN), an exploration-stage natural resource company, acquires and explores mineral resources in West Ghana, Africa. The company's principal and material properties consist of the Asumura Property and the Esaase Property (3.23 million ounces of gold indicated resources), both in West Ghana. The company also holds a portfolio of other Ghanaian gold concessions in various stages of exploration.
Currently, Keegan is focused on advancing a prefeasibility study on its Esaase Gold Project and expects to report results in the first half of 2011. After completing a financing deal recently, led by Canaccord-Genuity and Clarus Securities, Keegan has accumulated $234 million in cash.
Keegan Resources recently bought the 10.4 square kilometer Dawohodo prospecting concession from a private Ghanaian company for $1.1 million. The company plans to start surface exploration on the property in preparation for exploratory drilling, enhancing prospects for the development of the Esaase gold deposit project.All five analysts covering the stock rate it a buy. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average of 48%, to $12.70, in the coming 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV