NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Keegan Resources (KGN), Augusta Resource (AZC) and Seabridge Gold (SA) are among seven junior mining stocks that could see significant gains in the coming 12 months, according to analysts polled by Bloomberg.
Global mining mergers and acquisitions saw a flurry of activity in the first two months of 2011, and a recent report by PricewaterhouseCoopers estimates that M&A activity will grow significantly this year. The report predicts that there will be plenty of takeovers in the junior mining space as developed countries seek to secure supply amid concerns of China's market concentration.
Junior miners outperformed senior gold companies in 2010, with a 61% increase for the Junior Gold Miners Index compared with 30% for the Gold Miners Index.
Analysts expect these seven junior mining stocks to generate lucrative returns for investors over the next 12 months. Based on analysts' price targets, these stocks have potential upside of 28% to 190%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV