OTTAWA, March 30, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mitel (Nasdaq:MITL), a leading provider of Unified Communications (UC) software solutions, today announced the availability of release 5.0 of the Mitel 5000 Communications Platform (CP). Designed for small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs) with up to 250 users, the enhancements to the 5000 CP deliver enhanced mobility support, increased ease-of-use for the end user, and simplified, centralized management for IT. For more information on the the 5000 CP visit http://bit.ly/mitel5000cp .
"SMB customers want a cost-effective communications system that is easy to deploy, use, and manage without sacrificing access to advanced business applications," said Mitel's Stephen Beamish, vice president of marketing and business development. "We have designed the Mitel 5000 CP with these specific needs in mind. The new enhancements reduce cost and complexity by introducing more embedded UC applications, extending mobility functionality, and providing simplicity both at the IT and end user level."
The enhancements to the 5000 CP deliver enhanced mobility support – a critical element for any SMB. In fact, a recent Frost & Sullivan survey of businesses on enterprise communications cited that over 50 percent use a mobile extension capability within their company.In addition, the Mitel 5000 CP (release 5.0) includes the following new and enhanced capabilities:
- Embedded Applications
- Meet-Me Conferencing is now an embedded function providing eight-party conferences with the capacity to host 20 conferences simultaneously.
- Basic embedded voicemail has been enhanced to now offer complete Unified Voice Messaging with bidirectional synchronization of voice messages with email, including Microsoft® Exchange and Lotus Notes®, meaning users only have to process a message once, regardless of how they access it.
- Cost-Effective Mobility
- Dynamic Extension Express, that provides single number support and calling capability between a user's desktop and mobile devices, has been enhanced to allow up to 10 associated devices within a group. It also delivers Message Waiting Indication and hand-off push and pull for all devices.
- Embedded hotdesking provides the ability for users to log in to any phone and have access to their personal communications settings as if they were at their own desk.
- Simplified Management/Open Architecture
Builders' Hardware, one of the largest privately held architectural distribution companies in the US, selected the Mitel 5000 CP to network its offices in Pennsylvania and Ohio, and extend UC applications to staff located in the office, at home, and on the road. Builders' Hardware worked with Mitel authorizedPARTNER, Electronic Communication Services, Inc. (E.C.S.) to deploy the solution.
- The new user web portal allows end users to view and configure their communications settings, including do not disturb, manual call forwarding, dynamic extension express, presence status and voice mail messages, call history, meet-me-conferences, and account information.
- New Embedded Reporting capabilities have been added to the System Administration and Diagnostics client which provide a rich interface for graphical representation and quick filtering of system data and metrics.
- The System Open Architecture Interface (OAI) Toolkit has been enhanced to enable more transparent integration with third-party applications, such as those developed by members of Mitel Solutions Alliance (MSA).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV