A new ride
Did we mention gas is about 80 cents more expensive per gallon than at this time last year? Or that the average $3.60 a gallon Americans are paying is only going up this summer? Yeah, you may want to do something about that.
A new car is slightly cost-prohibitive -- especially the hybrid models that are being held up because their essential parts are made by Japanese manufacturers still recovering from that country's earthquake and ensuing tsunami -- and a used car isn't guaranteed to get you much better mileage than your current vehicle, especially for the price of a tax return.
Instead, try supplementing your everyday ride with something smaller and more efficient for the small trips around town. The Vespa LX 50 scooter, for example, only tops out at 35 mph, but gets 95 to 100 miles per gallon for its $3,299 price tag. If you're uncomfortable with going slightly over budget, though, the Honda (HMC) Elite gets up to 50 mph and takes only 1.6 gallons of fuel at a clip for $2,999, while Honda's ugly bug-looking Ruckus costs $500 less, but gets 95 to 105 miles per gallon.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV