NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Wall Street rolled out the welcome wagon for Apollo Global Management (APO) on Tuesday as the private equity firm's long-awaited initial public offering received a rousing reception.
Apollo priced the offering at $19 per share, selling 29.8 million common shares, according to the Wall Street Journal. The company was seeking to sell a little more than 26 million shares for between $16-$19 each, the WSJ said.
In a Form S-1 registration statement filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission earlier this month, Apollo said it earned $94.6 million, or 83 cents a share, on revenue of $2.11 billion for 2010, up from its loss of $155.2 million, or $1.62 a share, on revenue of $966.7 million in 2009.
Leon Black, a former managing director at Drexel Burnham Lambert, serves as CEO and chairman of Apollo, which originally filed its prospectus for an IPO more than three years ago. The firm's business include leveraged buyouts, real estate investments, and distressed debt investing.Apollo's investments include Alcan, CKE Restaurants, LyondellBasell, Dish TV. and Charter Communications. The stock is expected to begin trading on the New York Stock Exchange on Wednesday. --Written by Michael Baron in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Michael Baron. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV