Merit Medical Systems Stock Upgraded (MMSI)
- MERIT MEDICAL SYSTEMS INC's earnings per share declined by 16.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MERIT MEDICAL SYSTEMS INC reported lower earnings of $0.44 versus $0.79 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.01 versus $0.44).
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, MMSI's share price has jumped by 32.26%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- The gross profit margin for MERIT MEDICAL SYSTEMS INC is rather high; currently it is at 50.10%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, MMSI's net profit margin of 5.20% significantly trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 115.33% to $14.14 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, MERIT MEDICAL SYSTEMS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -10.53%.
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 0.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 20.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.