6 Reasons to Work for a Small Company
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Some people may think small firms really only benefit their owners. After all, they get the freedom to be their own boss and create and control a service or product as they see fit.
But whether it's working for a coffee shop, a florist or a dentist, there are multiple advantages for small-firm employees.
To be fair, most small businesses and startups are unlikely to be in a position to afford to pay employees high salaries seen by, say, an engineer at VMWare (VMW) or the multimillion-dollar bonuses received by investment bankers at Goldman Sachs (GS).But working for a small firm can provide other career-satisfying attributes. After all, a successful career isn't just about making oodles of cash. (Though the idea does sound nice.) Working for a small company is not for everyone -- some workers want more structure and the potential stability of a larger company. But others wouldn't consider leaving for greener pastures when they think about the close-knit community formed at many small businesses. TheStreet came up with six reasons why small firms are great places to work:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV