3. Acceler8 Technology (AXK)
Company Profile: Acceler8 Technology develops materials and instrumentation for applications in medical instrumentation, basic research, drug discovery and bio-detection.The stock surged in the absence of any headlines in January, prompting an inquiry from the NYSE for the unusual volume activity. Acceler8 shares again spiked in February after the company said an evaluation agreement with Novartis (NVS) was extended to June 30. Novartis will pay the company a monthly fee for an exclusive right extension that runs through April 13. Current Share Price: $3.70 (March 29) First Quarter Total Return: 273% Analyst Ratings: No Wall Street firm covers Acceler8 Technology. TheStreet Ratings has a "hold" rating on Acceler8's stock, arguing that the company's "robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity" are counterbalanced by the company's "poor" profit margins.
2. Evergreen Energy (EEE) Company Profile: Evergreen Energy is a so-called cleaner coal company. On Jan. 5, Evergreen was granted an extension by the NYSE Arca to regain compliance with listing rules regarding minimum bid price and market value of publicly traded shares. By March 3, Evergreen regained compliance with the listing standards. The stock hit a 52-week high shortly after the company completed a $16 million private placement of common stock. Shares pulled back, though, after Evergreen posted financial results for 2010. Revenue for the year fell to $403,000 from $423,000 in 2009. Current Share Price: $2.66 (March 29) First Quarter Total Return: 309% Analyst Ratings: No research firm has coverage of Evergreen Energy. In addition, TheStreet Ratings doesn't follow the stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV