9. Spar Group (SGRP)
Company Profile: Spar Group is a merchandising and marketing services company, providing an array of services to help companies improve their sales, operating efficiency and profits at retail locations.Shares of Spar Group surged in March after the company said fourth-quarter revenue grew 32% to $18.7 million from a year earlier, with net income quadrupling to $1.2 million, or 6 cents a share. The company attributed its success in the quarter to increased market share in domestic operations, acquisitions and organic growth, and international operations thanks to redeveloped key partner relationships. Current Share Price: $1.87 (March 29) First Quarter Total Return: 125% Analyst Ratings: Spar Group doesn't have an analyst following from Wall Street research firms. However, TheStreet Ratings has a "buy" rating on Spar Group, noting the company's "revenue growth, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth."
8. USA Technologies (USAT) Company Profile: USA Technologies is a supplier of cashless, remote management, reporting and energy management services. Shares of USA Technologies ramped higher in January after the company said revenue in its fiscal second quarter jumped 60% from a year earlier to $6 million, while its net loss narrowed to a penny a share from a loss of 19 cents. Shares pulled back slightly in March after USA Technologies announced it raised nearly $11 million in a private placement of common stock. Current Share Price: $2.35 (March 29) First Quarter Total Return: 128% Analyst Ratings: Janney Montgomery Scott is the only research firm with coverage of USA Technologies, rating the stock a "hold" with a price target of $1.25. TheStreet Ratings has a "sell" recommendation on USA Technologies, citing disappointing return on equity.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV