DEFIANCE, Ohio, March 29, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- FIRST DEFIANCE FINANCIAL CORP. (Nasdaq: FDEF) (the "Company") today announced that it has completed its previously announced underwritten public common stock offering by issuing 1,600,800 shares of the Company's common stock, including 208,800 shares issued pursuant to the exercise of the underwriter's over-allotment option, at a price to the public of $13.25 per share for gross proceeds of $21,210,600. The net proceeds to the Company after deducting underwriting discounts and commissions and estimated offering expenses are expected to be approximately $19,637,964. Keefe, Bruyette & Woods, Inc. served as the sole underwriter of the offering.
The shares were issued pursuant to a prospectus supplement to the prospectus filed as part of the Company's effective registration statement on Form S-3. Copies of the prospectus supplement and related prospectus may be obtained from Keefe, Bruyette & Woods, Inc., Equity Capital Markets, 787 Seventh Avenue, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10019, or by calling toll-free (800) 966-1559.
About First Defiance Financial Corp.
First Defiance Financial Corp., headquartered in Defiance, Ohio, is the holding company for First Federal Bank of the Midwest and First Insurance and Investments, Inc. First Federal operates 33 full service branches and 45 ATM locations in northwest Ohio, southeast Michigan and Fort Wayne, Indiana. First Insurance and Investments is a full line insurance agency with offices in Defiance, Archbold, Bryan and Bowling Green, Ohio.SOURCE First Defiance Financial Corp.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV