4. Hitachi (HIT) engages in providing power generation systems and electronic devices.
The company forayed into nuclear technologies in 1957. Since then, the company has designed and developed several research and commercial nuclear reactors.
To conduct its nuclear power business globally, the company formed a strategic alliance with GE and formed Hitachi-GE Nuclear Energy and GE-Hitachi Nuclear Energy in Japan. The company is constructing a third unit at Shimane nuclear plant with a power output of 1373 MW. Besides, Hitachi is the prime contractor for the Ohma nuclear power station. Outside Japan, the company is supplying equipment to the Lungmen nuclear power plant in the U.S. and the China-based Qinshan Phase-III nuclear power station.During fourth quarter of 2010, the company's net profit margin and operating margin stood at 3.6% and 5.2%, respectively. Besides, return ratios in the fourth quarter were significantly higher relative to overall 2010 numbers. Analysts expect the stock to deliver 26% in the next one year. The stock is trading at 7.4 times its estimated 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV