6. USEC (USU), together with its subsidiaries, supplies low enriched uranium to commercial nuclear power plants in the U.S. and internationally. Overall, USEC supplies to 150 nuclear reactors worldwide.
Net revenue rose 43% year-over-year to $666 million during 2010 fourth quarter. For full-year 2010, revenue was reported at $2.04 billion. Net income stood at $9 million, compared to $49.5 million for fourth quarter of 2009. Net income numbers for 2009 inflated on the receipt of approximately $70 million related to a trade case settlement with Eurodif.
The company expects total revenue of $1.7 billion for 2011, anticipating a 10% decline in separative work units (SWU) sales volume. The management indicates that revenue from contract services could decline significantly because of the transition to a new decontamination and decommissioning contractor at the Portsmouth site. Higher cost of sales from preceding quarters in the SWU inventory would continue to compress gross profit margins to an expected range of 4% to 5%.Analysts expect the stock to deliver 25% returns in the next one year. The stock is trading at 26 times its estimated 2012 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV