6. USEC (USU), together with its subsidiaries, supplies low enriched uranium to commercial nuclear power plants in the U.S. and internationally. Overall, USEC supplies to 150 nuclear reactors worldwide.
Net revenue rose 43% year-over-year to $666 million during 2010 fourth quarter. For full-year 2010, revenue was reported at $2.04 billion. Net income stood at $9 million, compared to $49.5 million for fourth quarter of 2009. Net income numbers for 2009 inflated on the receipt of approximately $70 million related to a trade case settlement with Eurodif.
The company expects total revenue of $1.7 billion for 2011, anticipating a 10% decline in separative work units (SWU) sales volume. The management indicates that revenue from contract services could decline significantly because of the transition to a new decontamination and decommissioning contractor at the Portsmouth site. Higher cost of sales from preceding quarters in the SWU inventory would continue to compress gross profit margins to an expected range of 4% to 5%.Analysts expect the stock to deliver 25% returns in the next one year. The stock is trading at 26 times its estimated 2012 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV