7. General Electric (GE) is a diversified advanced technology and services company.
In the past 50 years, GE designed and supplied nine generations of boiling water reactor technology. In fact, GE has designed around 75 of the 92 boiling water reactors operating worldwide. The company designs and supplies nuclear reactors through its partnership interest in GE-Hitachi Nuclear Energy and other related companies.
GE's other subsidiaries supply products and services including steam turbines, sensors, water treatment services to the nuclear power business.For fourth quarter of 2010, earnings increased to $3.9 billion, up 33% compared to the same quarter in 2009. Net revenue improved to $41.4 billion for the quarter on the back of robust performance delivered from its industrial and infrastructure subsidiaries. Based on consensus estimates, the stock is expected to deliver 16% in a year's time, and is currently trading at 14.8 times its estimated 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV