Annaly Capital shares shed 3.3% to close at $17.44 on Tuesday. The stock went ex-dividend Tuesday, meaning the security was traded without the 62-cent declared dividend. By that measure, Annaly shares fell just 0.3% in the session.
Wednesday morning Annaly shares were 0.5% higher ahead of the opening bell.
Starwood Property Trust gained 0.2% to $22.50 on Tuesday and were flat in premarket trading Wednesday. Crexus closed 1.4% lower to $11.40 on Tuesday, well off the session's lows, and the stock rose 0.4% in premarket trading Wednesday.
On Monday, equities research analysts from Lazard Capital issued a downgrade on shares of Annaly Capital to a hold rating, from a buy.Last week analysts at Stifel Nicolaus also downgraded Annaly shares to hold from buy. Meanwhile, analysts at Zacks Investment Research upgraded the REIT stock to neutral from underperform, according to a note published in late January. -- Written by Miriam Marcus Reimer in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Miriam Reimer. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to @miriamsmarket. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
>>See our new stock quote page. Get more stock ideas and investing advice on our sister site, Stockpickr.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV