BOULDER, Colo., March 29, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Athena Silver Corporation (OTCBB:AHNR) today announced assay results for the angle hole exploration component of its recently completed drilling program in San Bernardino County, California. Athena drilled a total of 13 holes in January and February 2011 at the Langtry Silver Project; three angle holes were intended to further explore and define silver deposits near the historic workings on the Langtry claims.
"We are extremely pleased with our results to date," said John Power, President & CEO of Athena. "All three exploration angle holes around the old workings encountered significant intervals of silver mineralization. These angle holes were the highest risk holes drilled in our program because we were not attempting to replicate a previously drilled hole. These results will provide valuable data for further delineation of the Langtry silver resource."
- Drill hole ATH-12 intersected an 85-foot interval averaging 2.85 ounces per ton of silver.
- Drill hole ATH-13 intersected a 135-foot interval averaging 3.57 ounces per ton of silver.
- Drill Hole ATH-14 intersected a 115-foot interval averaging 2.19 ounces per ton of silver.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV