About SC Proven Products
The SC Proven product portfolio comprises a range of products for the detection, isolation, expansion, differentiation, and characterization of a variety of different human and animal cell types. The entire SC Proven product catalog and online ordering can be found at www.scproven.com .
- Bottenstein JE, Cell Culture in the Neurosciences, (1985) Plenum Press: New York and London.
- Brewer G, et al., Optimized Survival of Hippocampal Neurons in B27-Supplemented Neurobasal™, a New Serum-free Medium Combination. J. Neurosci. Res. (1993) 35:567–576.
- Ying QL, Smith AG, Defined conditions for neural commitment and differentiation. Methods Enzymol. (2008) 365:327-341.
- Ying QL, et al., Conversion of embryonic stem cells into neuroectodermal precursors in adherent monoculture. Nature Biotechnology (2003) 21:183-186.
- Conti L, et al., Niche-independent symmetrical self-renewal of a mammalian tissue stem cell. PLoS Biol. (2005) 3(9):e283.
- Pollard SM, et al., Adherent neural stem (NS) cells from fetal and adult forebrain. Cereb. Cortex (2006) 16 Suppl 1:112-20.
- Conti L, et al., Neural stem cell systems: diversities and properties after transplantation in animal models of diseases. Brain Pathol. (2006) 16(2):143-154.
- Nichols J, Ying QL, Derivation and propagation of embryonic stem cells in serum- and feeder-free culture. Methods Mol Biol. (2006) 329:91-98.
- Liu Y, et al., A novel chemical-defined medium with bFGF and N2B27 supplements supports undifferentiated growth in human embryonic stem cells. BBRC (2006)346:131-139
- Yao S, et al., Long-term self-renewal and directed differentiation of human embryonic stem cells in chemically defined conditions. PNAS (2006) 103(18):6907–6912.
- Hanna J, et al., Human embryonic stem cells with biological and epigenetic characteristics similar to those of mouse ES cells. PNAS (2010) 107(20):9222-7.
- Yu J, et al., Efficient Feeder-Free Episomal Reprogramming with Small Molecules. PLoS ONE (2011) 6 (3):e17557.
- Tsutsui H, et al., An optimized small molecule inhibitor cocktail supports long-term maintenance of human embryonic stem cells. Nat Commun. (2011) 2:167.
About StemCells, Inc.StemCells, Inc. is engaged in the research, development, and commercialization of cell-based therapeutics and tools for use in stem cell-based research and drug discovery. In its therapeutic product development programs, StemCells is targeting disorders of the central nervous system and the liver. StemCells' lead product candidate, HuCNS-SC ® cells (purified human neural stem cells), is currently in clinical development for spinal cord injury and two fatal neurodegenerative disorders in children, and in preclinical development for retinal disorders such as age-related macular degeneration. StemCells also markets stem cell research products, including media and reagents, under the SC Proven ® brand, and is developing stem cell-based assay platforms for use in pharmaceutical research, drug discovery and drug development. Further information about StemCells is available at www.stemcellsinc.com . The StemCells, Inc. logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=7014 Apart from statements of historical fact, the text of this press release constitutes forward-looking statements within the meaning of the U.S. securities laws, and is subject to the safe harbors created therein. These statements include, but are not limited to, statements regarding the prospect of continued growth of the Company's SC Proven reagents business; the potential regulatory acceptability of cell culture supplements used to derive cells for human research; clinical development of the Company's HuCNS-SC cells; the prospects for the Company to pursue non-therapeutic applications of its cell-based technologies; and the future business operations of the Company. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date of this news release. The Company does not undertake to update any of these forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances that occur after the date hereof. Such statements reflect management's current views and are based on certain assumptions that may or may not ultimately prove valid. The Company's actual results may vary materially from those contemplated in such forward-looking statements due to risks and uncertainties to which the Company is subject, including those described under the heading "Risk Factors" in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2010, and in its subsequent reports on Form 8-K.
CONTACT: Megan Meloni Media Relations & Corporate Communications (650) 475-3105
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts