Descartes Solution to Support Compliance With European Import Control System (ICS) Regulations
WATERLOO, Ontario, March 29, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Descartes Systems Group (TSX:DSG) (Nasdaq:DSGX) announced that bmi Cargo has selected Descartes' Global Filer to support compliance with European safety and security regulations on advanced entry declarations to the EU's Import Control System (ICS).
Global Filer is part of Descartes' Global Trade Compliance suite, which offers a broad range of solutions that help prepare organizations to meet current and long-term compliance mandates. Global Filer enables collaboration between multiple parties to address customs security filing requirements across different modes of transport and for multiple EU countries.bmi is the second largest airline at London Heathrow with operations in the UK, Europe, the Middle East, Central Asia and Africa. bmi Cargo offers a range of products designed to meet the needs of the freight, express and mail industries. bmi Cargo selected Descartes' Global Filer to support compliance with upcoming EU regulations and to offer external partners, such as ground handling agents, around the world the possibility to exchange electronic messages with bmi Cargo in a secure and reliable way. Descartes Global Filer allows bmi Cargo to effectively manage customs security filing for the United Kingdom and benefit from the following features that improve overall efficiency and optimize customs filing operations:
- A single point-of-access and dashboard to manage data entry and filing requirements for security filings to and from its United Kingdom destinations;
- Complete, real-time visibility into the customs status of cargo and the ability to provide this status information to logistic partners and clients, regardless of their location;
- Integration capabilities with back-office systems, optimizing data entry efforts, allowing for re-use of data and significantly reducing the risk or error; and
- One solution, as opposed to different applications, to cover multi-country requirements, allowing for a more efficient use of resources and time.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV