Descartes Solution to Support Compliance With European Import Control System (ICS) Regulations
WATERLOO, Ontario, March 29, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Descartes Systems Group (TSX:DSG) (Nasdaq:DSGX) announced that bmi Cargo has selected Descartes' Global Filer to support compliance with European safety and security regulations on advanced entry declarations to the EU's Import Control System (ICS).
Global Filer is part of Descartes' Global Trade Compliance suite, which offers a broad range of solutions that help prepare organizations to meet current and long-term compliance mandates. Global Filer enables collaboration between multiple parties to address customs security filing requirements across different modes of transport and for multiple EU countries.bmi is the second largest airline at London Heathrow with operations in the UK, Europe, the Middle East, Central Asia and Africa. bmi Cargo offers a range of products designed to meet the needs of the freight, express and mail industries. bmi Cargo selected Descartes' Global Filer to support compliance with upcoming EU regulations and to offer external partners, such as ground handling agents, around the world the possibility to exchange electronic messages with bmi Cargo in a secure and reliable way. Descartes Global Filer allows bmi Cargo to effectively manage customs security filing for the United Kingdom and benefit from the following features that improve overall efficiency and optimize customs filing operations:
- A single point-of-access and dashboard to manage data entry and filing requirements for security filings to and from its United Kingdom destinations;
- Complete, real-time visibility into the customs status of cargo and the ability to provide this status information to logistic partners and clients, regardless of their location;
- Integration capabilities with back-office systems, optimizing data entry efforts, allowing for re-use of data and significantly reducing the risk or error; and
- One solution, as opposed to different applications, to cover multi-country requirements, allowing for a more efficient use of resources and time.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts