Cephalon to Bid for Australia's ChemGenex
The total offer value for ChemGenex shares and listed ChemGenex options that Cephalon doesn't own is about $163 million, Cephalon said in a statement. The offer values all ChemGenex shares and options at about $231 million.
The takeover bid has the support of ChemGenex directors, who will recommend it to shareholders as long as a superior offer doesn't come along.
ChemGenex plans to file a new drug application with the Food and Drug Administration to sell Omapro, a treatment for chronic myeloid leukemia.-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV