WARREN, N.J., March 28, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The Chubb Corporation (NYSE: CB) has established a $750,000 fund for disaster relief efforts related to the earthquake and tsunami in Japan.
Chubb will contribute $500,000 to the International Red Cross for disaster relief. In addition, the insurer will match employee contributions to qualified relief organizations on a two-for-one basis, up to $250,000. If total employee donations exceed $125,000, Chubb will continue to match those employee dollars on a dollar-for-dollar basis.
"We hope that our contributions will help the Japanese people restore their great nation and ease their tremendous suffering," said Harold Morrison, executive vice president, chief global field officer and chief global administrative officer of The Chubb Corporation.
The Chubb Corporation is a holding company for a family of insurance companies informally known as the Chubb Group of Insurance Companies. The Chubb organization provides property and casualty insurance to personal and commercial customers through 8,500 independent agents and brokers. Chubb's global network includes branches and affiliates throughout North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia and Australia. More information on Chubb can be obtained at www.chubb.com.Chubb Group of Insurance Companies15 Mountain View RoadP.O. Box 1615 Warren, New Jersey 07059Contact: Mark Schussel(908) 903-2107Email: firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE Chubb Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV