In the absence of a better option, AAXJ is likely the best tool for risk adverse investors looking specifically for diversified Southeast Asian exposure.
AAXJ's index is comprised of over 200 individual holdings hailing from the Asian continent. By spreading its assets across such a wide pool of companies, AAXJ will not be reliant on the performance of a single position.
Top holdings include Samsung, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSM), Shinhan Financial Group, Chungwa Telecom, and KB Financial Group. Together, these five companies represent less than 20% of the fund's total portfolio.
Financials and technology represent the largest individual sector slices of the fund's total portfolio, totaling 32% and 22% respectively.Although economic and political headwinds persist, emerging markets appear to be making a comeback as we head further into 2011. ETFs allow investors to gain exposure to attractive regions of the globe without having to compromise their own personal tolerances for risk. Written by Don Dion in Williamstown, Mass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV