In the absence of a better option, AAXJ is likely the best tool for risk adverse investors looking specifically for diversified Southeast Asian exposure.
AAXJ's index is comprised of over 200 individual holdings hailing from the Asian continent. By spreading its assets across such a wide pool of companies, AAXJ will not be reliant on the performance of a single position.
Top holdings include Samsung, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSM), Shinhan Financial Group, Chungwa Telecom, and KB Financial Group. Together, these five companies represent less than 20% of the fund's total portfolio.
Financials and technology represent the largest individual sector slices of the fund's total portfolio, totaling 32% and 22% respectively.Although economic and political headwinds persist, emerging markets appear to be making a comeback as we head further into 2011. ETFs allow investors to gain exposure to attractive regions of the globe without having to compromise their own personal tolerances for risk. Written by Don Dion in Williamstown, Mass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV