Eastman Kodak, GSI Commerce: Small-Cap Winners
NEW YORK (TheStreet) --A slew of deal news was driving a small-cap rally Monday. GSI Commerce (GSIC) was a prominent gainer among small-cap stocks Monday, after eBay (EBAY) said it will acquire the company for $2.4 billion or $29.25 per share. Shares were rising 50.3% to $29.14.
Shares of ambulance and fire protection services provider Rural/Metro (RURL) was also gaining on deal news, after private equity firm Warburg Pincus said it would buy the company for $438.2 million, or $17.25 per share, in cash. The acquisition is expected to be completed in June, pending shareholder approval.
Shares were gaining 36.6% to $17.15 per share.
Shares of electronics company Spectrum Control (SPEC) jumped nearly 40% to $19.61 after API Technologies said it will acquire the company for $262 million, or $20 per share.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Shanthi Bharatwaj. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/shavenk. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV