BRF Brasil Foods (BRFS) notched up a 7.4% gain. Zacks Investment Research recently reaffirmed its neutral rating on the stock. Meanwhile, the company announced that its 2010 profit surged by 125% and sales were up 8.3% as compared to 2009 levels. Meanwhile, during the year, the company's market capitalization was up 21%.
Energy stocks Ultrapar Participacoes (UGP) and Petroleo Brasileiro (PBR) rose 5.6% and 4.5%, respectively. Petrobras recently revealed an update related to its own capital interest distribution for 2010 with the fifth interim payment being $0.09 per share.
Embraer (ERJ) shed 3.4% after the company provided guidance below analysts' estimates. For 2011, the company estimates net sales at $5.6 billion and EBIT at $420 million. Analysts polled by Reuters expect the company to report $5.9 billion sales on EBIT of $483 million.Companhia Brasileira De Distribuicao (CBD) dipped 1.4% past week. Brazilian supermarket sales recorded a decline of 7.1% in February 2011 as compared to the previous month. However, as compared to the year-ago month it was up 2.8% in real terms.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV