Tesla Motors announced today that electric Roadsters in more than 30 countries have now covered over 10 million real-world miles, the greatest collective distance covered by any electric vehicle maker to date.
Roadsters have collectively saved 500,000 gallons of fuel and over 5.3 million pounds of carbon dioxide emissions. Over 1,500 Roadsters have consistently outperformed the best traditional supercars worldwide, to the delight of their owners .
“We owe this achievement to Roadster drivers around the world and their pioneering adoption of electric vehicles,” said Tesla Motors cofounder and CEO Elon Musk. “The Roadster has proven to the world that electric cars can be incredibly fun and practical. Most importantly, these vehicles have provided Tesla with a real-world test fleet that allows us to stay on the cutting edge of electric powertrain engineering and technology.”
The Roadster launched in 2008 as the only highway-capable EV in the world, and today it still has no equal. Accelerating from 0 to 60 mph in 3.7 seconds and traveling 245 miles on a single charge, the Roadster set the bar for performance and range for electric driving. The Roadster is also credited with catalyzing the automotive industry to pursue a zero-emissions future.Tesla launched the Roadster 2.5, the fourth iteration of the vehicle, last year, demonstrating the company’s continuous innovation and close feedback loop with engineers and customers. The Roadster continues to break new barriers, setting records for distance traveled on a single charge by an EV, and proving itself to be an ideal sports car for cold-weather driving. From Vancouver, Canada to Melbourne, Australia, the Roadster has proved that drivers don’t need to compromise on performance, style or even range to go electric. Tesla is actively building on what it has learned from the Roadster to make its next vehicles just as groundbreaking.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV