Blockbuster Receives Surprise Bid From Korea: Report
SK Telecom, the country's largest cell phone provider, is looking to broaden its portfolio, the New York Post reported over the weekend.
The report comes as an auction for the struggling movie rental chain is scheduled for April 4. Blockbuster received a "stalking horse" bid of $290 million from a consortium of investors in February that will serve as the opening offer.
--Written by Jeanine Poggi in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Jeanine Poggi.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV