BEVERLY, Mass., March 28, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Cellceutix Corporation (OTCQB:CTIX) today disclosed that it has entered into a Confidential Disclosure Agreement (CDA) pertaining to KM-391, its novel compound being developed as a treatment for autism, with a multi-billion dollar pharmaceutical company. Cellceutix will be providing shareholders updates on the latest developments with KM-391 in the near future.
Cellceutix CEO, Leo Ehrlich, commented, "This is simply another vote of confidence from large pharma as to the strength of our pipeline and a testament to the attention that we are receiving on a global level." Mr. Ehrlich continued, "While signing a CDA does not imply or guarantee that a licensing deal or any other transaction will ever happen, it is important in the sense of industry recognition of our compounds, as the signing of a CDA this early in development is generally a very rare occurrence."
Additionally, Cellceutix has been informed by Formatech, its formulation manufacturer, that production has been completed on Kevetrin™ for use in clinical trials. The Company is still on schedule for filing its IND with the FDA in May 2011. Kevetrin™ is Cellceutix's breakthrough compound targeting lung, breast, colon and other cancers not responding to existing drug therapies.
About CellceutixCellceutix Corporation is a preclinical cancer, anti-inflammatory and autism drug developer. Cellceutix owns the rights to eight drug compounds, including Kevetrin, which it is developing as a treatment for certain cancers, KM-133, for the treatment of psoriasis, and KM-391, for the treatment of autism. More information is available on the Cellceutix web site at www.cellceutix.com. Kevetrin, KM133, and KM-391 have not been studied in humans at this time. The Company's positive results in animal studies do not necessarily guarantee success in humans, though they may form the basis for beginning Phase 1 trials.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV