6 Bizarre Real Estate Opportunities
You won't find a Sunday morning open house at the typical funeral home. In keeping with the overall atmosphere of these establishments, offerings will surely be a bit more discreet.
The reality, however, is that there is brisk business in the buying and selling of mortuaries, funeral homes, crematories and even cemeteries.
Unlike churches, which are increasingly being bought for condo conversions, most funeral home sales are business deals.Once again, reading trade publications, magazines and contacting trade organizations will help find leads. There are also specialized brokers, such as New York-based American Funeral Consultants, that specialize in funeral home transactions. Among the services brokers can offer is crafting an Earnings Before Interest, Depreciation and Taxes Report to value the business and negotiate a price.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV