6 Bizarre Real Estate Opportunities
Naked women, check. Beer, check. Cheesy DJs playing Motley Crue. Check.
If the above define your idea of either a good time or a great investment, consider buying a strip club.
To be sure, there are not many mom and pop strip clubs left these days. Many are owned by chains with recognizable brand names.Be prepared for a fight, though. Cities and towns typically want no part of these establishments and can be counted on the use zoning restrictions and their power over liquor licenses to keep you from raising your shingle. Be prepared for the added cost of lawyers to get the deal done. Buying a club may take being a partnership One online site offering advice to would be stripperpreneurs is not to fall into the trap of thinking of this as a real estate transaction, not a business deal. Among the questions to ask: Are accounts receivable included in the sale? Are there liabilities on the books? Is the liquor license transferable?
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV