Comverge Announces Its Support For Earth Hour 2011
NORCROSS, Ga., March 25, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Comverge, Inc. (Nasdaq:COMV), the leading provider of Intelligent Energy Management solutions for Residential and Commercial + Industrial (C+I) customers, today announced it has joined millions of people in more than 128 countries in support of Earth Hour 2011. Scheduled to take place on Saturday, March 28 from 8:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. local time, Earth Hour calls on the global community to turn off their lights for one hour in support of action on climate change.
Organized by the World Wildlife Fund, Earth Hour is an event in which millions of business and homes turn off their lights to help draw awareness to the need to create a cleaner, safer and more secure future. Now in its fifth year, Earth Hour has garnered a significant following and has led to the lights being turned off at such landmarks as Sydney Harbour Bridge in Australia, Buckingham Palace in London, the Eiffel Tower in Paris, Taiwan's 101 Financial Center in Taipei and the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco.
"This is an important cause that brings people together from across the world to help combat climate change," said R. Blake Young, president and CEO, Comverge. "In staying with the theme of this year's event, which is to be more energy efficient in our daily lives, we implore people and businesses to find new ways to reduce their impact on the environment. At Comverge, we work with utilities and large C+I customers to deploy intelligent energy management solutions that optimize energy usage, but everyone can help with simple actions like turning off unused lights."Comverge has worked with electricity utilities and commercial and industrial customers for more than 30 years to help them optimize energy usage. The company currently manages 3,732 megawatts of electricity, the equivalent of powering approximately 3.7 million homes for one hour.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV