The following commentary comes from an independent investor or market observer as part of TheStreet's guest contributor program, which is separate from the company's news coverage.
By Kevin McElroy
This fund is liquid, meaning that anyone can easily buy shares at or near the prevailing ask price. With average volume of nearly 2 million units traded daily, you won't ever have a problem buying or selling a large block of shares. This type of liquidity can be a problem for some stocks and ETFs. More on liquidity issues in a minute...On Aug. 6, 2010, I recommended this ETF to readers of Global Commodity Investing , a research service I help write and edit. Since then it's returned a respectable 26%, which is about twice as good as the return you would have received from just buying a broad market index fund like the SPDR S&P 500 ETF (SPY).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV