5. Comverge (COMV)
Company Profile: Comverge provides products and services to the electric power markets in North America, focusing on demand response and advanced metering systems.Share Price: $4.49 (March 29) Stock Performance This Year: -35% Analyst Consensus: Eight analysts have a "buy" rating on Comverge, including those at firms like R.W. Baird. However, 12 other firms recommend investors hold shares, including JPMorgan, Jefferies and Piper Jaffray. The average analyst price target of $7.92 represents potential upside of 85% from current levels. Bullish Case: Noble Financial analyst Matthew Crews reiterated a "buy" rating and $10 price target on Comverge in a March 10 research note, telling investors to look beyond the lull. "We remain positive on Comverge despite our lowered estimates," Crews wrote. "We believe that the industry is facing a lull in 2011 and we expect an improving environment in 2012 and beyond based on growing demand response under management and improving pricing on its demand response capacity." On the other hand, TheStreet Ratings has a "sell" rating on Comverge due to weaknesses "such as its disappointing return on equity, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and poor profit margins."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV